Please note that the objects of the Charity are to make grants mainly to other York based charitable organisations, but may also include individuals, working for the benefit of York citizens. Grants are made to help people rather than the environment.
When applying for a grant, the following information must be included:
- Details of your organisation including aims, charitable status and whether you have national support or are purely local to York.
- Details of the project for which assistance is required (if applicable). Please include information regarding the support that is anticipated from other sources and the manner in which the funds are to be spent.
- A copy of your latest Annual Report and Accounts.
- When established and details of the officers of the organisation.
- Name, address, email address, telephone number and role of person making the application.
- Details of any support you have had so far towards your project.
- Details of any other funders you will be approaching.
- ‘Safeguarding’ – (if relevant) details of procedures in place to safeguard young and vulnerable people in the care of your organisation, including a copy of any policy document. Also, confirmation that DBS checks are up to date for relevant individuals.
- Confirmation that your organisation is UK resident.
- An estimate should be given of the grant which the organisation would regard as being most helpful. While it is appreciated that some organisations may be reluctant to appear too demanding, a realistic appraisal of an organisations requirements will always receive careful consideration and even though the Trustees of the York Common Good Trust may not find it possible to go the whole way requested, they are more likely to make a realistic grant if they know in advance what they are being asked to do.
- Bank account details (if application is successful) – account name, sort code and account number.
All applications should be sent by post to:
Mr Charles Walker,
York Common Good Trust,
York Yo30 7xz.
Alternatively please fill in the form below for both applications and enquiries.